I.- General Information
This is the TA page for the course Real Analysis 1 taught by Jacopo De Simoi. The official information on the course, homeworks, etc. is in his course web page: real analysis.
This webpage has no really official information and serves only as complement for the course (to speak my heart out!). In particular, no grades are displayed here. If you want a grade of a homework ask me by mail or in person.
II. Office Hours
Math Department, University of Toronto, BA6180 (i.e. Board Room), Friday 9:00 am – 11:00 am.
If you require extra help write me a mail or ask me in person.
III.- Homework Details
Details that appear in the homeworks after I review them will be posted here.
Here is a description of what happened in the office hours. What kind of questions were asked, what issues explained, ideas, etc.
- First meeting (September 15).
V.- Commented Bibliography
-  Measure and Integration, Sterling K. Berberian.
- I find this book very well written and at times not as overwhelming as the “rela analysis bibles” of a thousand pages, but at the same time is super complete and mega well written. I used it when I studied the topic.
-  Basic Real Analysis, Anthony W. Knapp
- Basic stuff, but he writes really well and from time to time covers topics that other books do not have (even the bibles). Also, it has a continuation Advanced Real Analysis, which is great as well.
-  Real and Functional Analysis, Serge Lang.
- Serge Lang. Enough said.